Of late the Viva Voce or oral test is a kind of practice that is followed by the lecturers and professors of various colleges and universities. The students are expected to answer to the questions posed by their teachers. The students have to answer those questions in such a way as to demonstrate their sufficient knowledge on the subject.
By knowing the following tips I am sure that the students can easily overcome their problems and get succeed the Viva Voce or Oral Test:
- Spend the necessary time studying for an oral test or Viva voce. Be thoroughly knowledgeable about the subject your will be tested on and put all your efforts to remember the content that you studied.
- Avoid mumbling or speaking in a monotone voice. Do not rush through the test and alter your voice tone. Make sure your voice is audible to the teacher.
- Practice for the test by creating possible questions and answering them. This sort of practice will boost up your confidence and you can answer without any hesitation.
- Take care of body language which is a very important one while you are answering the questions posed by your teacher.
- Dress appropriately for your test since poor dress can distract from your presentation.
- Maintain good eye contact and posture. Don't slouch if you're sitting or lean if you're standing.
- Pay close attention to the questions asked. If you don't understand the question ask your teacher politely to repeat the question again.
- Speak in complete sentences. Try not to give one or two word answers, whenever possible.
- If you don’t know the answer for any specific question agree frankly that you don’t know the answer and for excuse. Never bluff your lecturer that you have known the answer. In many case you will be caught.
- Be sure to thank the instructor for his/her time when you are finished with the test.
***Wish you all the Very Best***