Sunday 24 November 2013

Letter writing points for the students

Many of you may take leave from college for various reasons and most of the students still don’t know the formalities to write an official letter. Letter writing is an art. While writing a letter to the officials such as – Principal, HOD, and Class Teacher etc., you should follow certain format without fail. Given below are some important ready made type points for the students for various occasions. By using these points in your letters you can avoid a number of mistakes and your letters will look impressive.

Useful points:
  • On the right side of the top corner of the page write down the town name and put a comma and then write the date with full stop.
  • Write “from” address and then “to” address. Don’t put comma after ‘’from’’ and ‘’to’’ and never underline them.
  • Write Sir/Respected sir after ‘’To address” and next write a brief subject. For example – Sub: Request for two days leave – reg. / Request for Transfer Certificate – reg./ Request for study certificate – reg.
  • After writing the brief subject then begin body of the letter.
Given below are some useful points for you for different occasions:
  • I shall be grateful if you kindly grant me leave for three days with effect from Monday next, because I shall have to go to Nellore to attend the marriage ceremony of my sister there, with my family.
  • With due respect and humble submission, I beg to state that I am suffering from severe fever. Hence I will not be able to attend college for a few days. Kindly grant me leave for a few days. As soon as I recover from illness, I will resume to college.
  • With due respect I beg to state that I am (write your name), a student of I. B.Tech Mechanical Engineering asking two days leave to attend ailing grandmother in Vizag. I along with my parents will be out of station. Therefore, I kindly request you grant me leave for this said reason.
  •  I am sorry to inform you that I am I B.Tech student of ECE Branch asking four days leave as I am suffering from viral fever due to climatic temperature. I am at present in my native place and the doctor has suggested me to take complete bed rest for at least four days. Therefore, I kindly request you to grant me leave.
  • I am very sorry to bring to your kind notice that my grandfather died yesterday at my native place and hence I request you to kind grant me one day leave to go over there.
  • I am __________(your name), studying ________, (state your course) and currently applying for Adhaar Card. Writing in to kindly ask your good office to furnish me a Study Certificate at the earliest as it is one of the requirements in acquiring the said card.
  • I am------------ (write your name), I did my B.Tech from your college session 2009-2013. As I lost my Study and conduct certificates unfortunately, I am requesting you sir to kindly issue me these said certificates. I hope you will consider my humble request and provide them as early as possible.
--- After writing down body of the letter then write ‘’Thanking you sir,” and finally complete your letter by writing “Yours faithfully,” followed by your signature.

No comments:

Post a Comment