- Find out a friend who also wants to improve his or her English and have lunch or dinner with him/her. Make it a habit and utilize the whole time for communicating in English. If you don't have enough time to go out and meet people at least you can chat a little by telephone. Take a strong decision both of you to speak in English, only in English
- Read a book with lots of dialogues. Dialogue is also much easier to understand than descriptive parts of a book, and is much more like the language you will want to learn in order to be able to speak English in an easy way. Buy conversation practice books and study them carefully.
- When you get up in the morning, listen to English news on radio, watch an English TV channel, or read an English newspaper without missing.
- Write something in English! Even if you only write one sentence a day, this will help you focus and THINK in English. So write something every day in English language.
- If you want to improve your English speaking ability, then you have to spend enough time for that; at least half an hour per day.
- Focussing on mistakes makes you feel shy, which makes you speak less. So don’t worry of making mistakes in the initial stage, just go on speaking!
If you follow these things no doubt you can improve your English speaking skill. Best of Luck!
Byreddy Balaji Reddy,Lecturer in English & Communication Skills Trainer.