The following points are considered negative body language, so care must be taken by you while talking with different type of people:
- Failing to make proper eye contact with audience.
- Do not continuously look at your notes all the time.
- Leaning against walls is also related to poor body language. So avoid leaning against walls.
- Avoid swaying back and forth like a pendulum.
- Do not fold your arms.
- Avoid putting your hands in your pockets.
- Playing with your jewellery, your hair, or your clothing, which signals that you are nervous.
- Clicking your ballpoint pen.
- Scratching your face, head, or any other part of your body.
- You must avoid standing too close to others.
- Avoid the acts such as – yawing, rubbing your nose, looking at your watch frequently.
- Practice keeping your limbs at rest instead of tapping on the table.
Prepared by: Byreddy Balaji Reddy, Senior Lecturer in English, JNTUACE, KALIKIRI.